Monday, November 3, 2008

Profiles Of The Puppy Parents

Hi again!

In my previous post from today, I mentioned the two parents of the puppies. In this post, I decided to tell you a little bit more about the two tricolour collies. So, I've given each parent a few paragraphs about them.

Captain is the father of the puppies. Everyone calls him Cap. He's very large for a Border Collie, and although he's a tricolour, he hasn't got much brown on him (unless it's mud, which it usually is). He has brown circles above his eyes; they look like eyebrows - and they even go up and down like human eyebrows! Although he's big, he's one of the friendliest dogs I've ever met. He's probably only so big because he needs to fit in all that energy. Cap alays likes to wade through the muddiest parts of the farm and never gets tired of playing fetch. He uses whatever he can find lying around, and, basically, the bigger the better! He loves big sticks and is constantly bringing you stuff to throw for him. One time, my sister and I were playing fetch with him (using this weird rubber bandy thing he'd found) when I needed the loo. I came back after I'd been to the toilet to find Cap there to greet me!!! He doesn't even bark at intruders!

Jess is the mother. She's quiet, calm and loves to be the centre of attention. She never barks, (at least, not that I've seen) and is a great mother. She loves a pat on the head and a stroke. Jess is completely calm and trusting; she lets people go in, take out her puppies and hold them, but she still keeps a watchful eye on you (but that's just being a good mother and who can blame her? If some giant took out your baby, you would be watchful, no matter how much you trust the giant, wouldn't you?). Jess isn't as much of a fetch fan as Cap, but she does like to steal his fetch toys and take a walk around the farm. As well as the circular eyebrows that Cap has too, Jess has more brown on her; she has a bit on her legs and some either side of the mouth. Because she's much older than Cap she doesn't bark when she gets excited or bounce around the feilds, she kind of trots along, her tail waving from side-to-side behind her.

If the puppies turn out to be like Cap, Jess or a mix of them both, they'll be lovely, because both of their parents are.

We're going up to see the puppies again on Saturday and also to watch the fireworks, so I can't wait to see the puppies or the parents, because I think both of them are great.

Next time; puppy profiles

No comments: